Dedicated BooksDedicated books may be added to the Arboretum library. The following guidelines may assist you should you decide to give a contribution for a dedictated book:
- A wish list of books and prices, compiled by the Arboretum staff, will be available and generally books should be chosen from that list.
- In the event someone wishes to dedicate a book not on that list, the decision will be made by a staff person.
- It is our intention to generate ideas, not to be restrictive. If there is an area of horticulture a donor wishes to encourage, we will make every attempt to acknowledge the request.
- There are two ways in which to give a dedicated book:
- A mimimum contribution of $35, a book purchased for that amount will have a bookplate stating to whom the book is dedicated and the donor's name.
- Contributions may be added to the ongoing book fund and in that case a bookplate will list the names of all the donor's whose contributions were used to purchase the book.
- It often takes two or three months to get a book and the information we require for cataloging before the book can be shelved.
- Your donation will be acknowledged by receipt from the Arboretum for tax purposes.
- Gifts of dedicated books or contributions to the book fund will be recognized in our annual report, Year in Review.
Also, learn about other ways you can support the Scott Arboretum!